Here are some quotes on following Jesus –
The correct perspective is to see following Christ not only as the necessity it is, but as the fulfillment of the highest human possibilities and as life on the highest plane.DALLAS WILLARD
Following Jesus Quotes
“I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.”Galatians 2:20
“He must increase, but I must decrease.”John 3:30
“If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.”Luke 9:23
“And he said to all, ‘If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.”Mark 8:34
“I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”John 14:6
“For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps.”Peter 2:21
“But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”Matthew 6:33
The correct perspective is to see following Christ not only as the necessity it is, but as the fulfillment of the highest human possibilities and as life on the highest planeDALLAS WILLARD
“I am a sinner because of this, because of that …’ This is the first condition for following Jesus.”Pope Francis
“If following Him seems difficult, don’t be afraid. Trust Him, be confident that He is close to you, He is with you, and He will give you the peace you are looking for and the strength to live as He would have you do.”Pope Francis
Author’s Note :-
Keep sharing your love for Christ because he has shown us how to live a good life. Because we are all sinners, the only way we can advance spiritually is by following Christ.
As mentioned in scriptures –
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.” – Hebrews 12:1-2
“And he said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'” – Matthew 22:37-39
Some more ideas on following Jesus –
- Learn about Jesus and his teachings. The Bible is a good place to start, as it contains the story of Jesus and his teachings. You can also read about Jesus in other religious texts or speak to a religious leader or mentor for guidance.
- Pray and meditate. Many people who follow Jesus find it helpful to spend time in prayer and meditation, as a way of connecting with God and seeking guidance and direction.
- Attend church or religious services. Many Christian denominations have regular services where you can worship God, learn about Jesus, and connect with other believers.
- Practice what Jesus taught. Jesus taught love, compassion, and forgiveness. You can try to live your life in a way that reflects these values, and show love and kindness to others.
- Share your faith. As you learn more about Jesus and grow in your faith, you may feel called to share your beliefs with others. This could involve talking to friends and family about your faith, or joining a group that helps spread the message of Jesus to others.